IAFC Diversity Executive Leadership Program (iDELP)
iDELP supports individuals from under-represented identity groups and those interested in creating a diverse workforce to advance into the ranks of leadership in the IAFC and fire and emergency service leadership at a national level.
Philosophy of iDELP:
- We are advocates of DEI at the local and national level.
- The IAFC is giving the members of iDELP a platform to push DEI, sharing ideas and introducing the advantages of diversity to other fire service leaders.
- Graduating iDELPians will become mentors to future classes.
- The group is a “farm team” for committee assignments, but we want the member to see this as an opportunity, not an expectation.
- The goals of the current iDELP cohort should be aligned with program outcomes, and those goals include:
- Assist members of underrepresented groups with advancement into leadership roles within the IAFC.
- Assist others as you can (in other words, this is not all on the IAFC but on us as well).
- Establish a cohort of participants that represent diversity across the fire service.
For more information about iDELP visit: www.iafc.org/learn-and-develop/iafc-diversity-executive-leadership-program
Before you begin the application:
In order to submit this application all fields require completion including upload of your current resume, two (2) letters of recommendation and one (1) letter of support for the program from your supervisor. Only .doc, .docx and .pdf files should be uploaded.
Applicants have until January 1, 2024 to submit and/or modify an application.